Mt. Holiday would not be the ski run you know and love without the support of our generous community. Your donation will help support the complete upgrade, replacement, and installation of new complete infrastructure of our snowmaking capacity.
Mt. Holiday’s annual end of the year Slush Cup will take place tomorrow despite the recent cases of COVID-19 virus in Michigan. The decision to continue with the event comes after much consideration and will follow the recommendations and mitigation strategies by the CDC and state officials. Knowledge is power and I would like to take this opportunity to share, some best practices for everyone to follow to protect themselves and others from being affected by COVID-19.
To slow the spread of COVID-19 in Michigan, the following mitigation strategies are being recommended.
· STAY HOME WHEN YOU ARE SICK! Individuals at risk of severe illness should consider staying at home to avoid others who are sick.
· Learn about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
· Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as doorknobs, keyboards, cell phones and light switches.
· Communicate and reinforce best practices for washing hands and covering coughs and sneezes.
· Be sure to maintain a supply of medications, food, and other essentials in your house.
· Cancel or postpone large gatherings, conferences and sporting events (e.g. events with over 100 people).
· Reduce in-person gatherings and activities, especially for organizations with individuals at risk of severe illness. Consider offering video or audio of events.
· Consider tele-learning or tele-work opportunities, where feasible.
· Limit non-essential work travel.
· If you care for a loved one living in a care facility, monitor the situation, ask about the health of the other residents frequently, and know the protocol if there is an outbreak.
· Limit visitors at hospitals and other facilities to only those who are absolutely necessary and implement screening of visitors for temperature and respiratory symptoms. ...
Come celebrate the season with our biggest slush cup yet! Slush Cup is all about having fun and being silly. Bring on those costumes! You can register at the office. All participants must have a helmet and a guardian/parent signature if under 18. $5 gets you in! @ Mt. Holiday ...